Thursday, March 31, 2011

Today's the big day!!

I went to my weekly appointment yesterday and the doctor confirmed what I already knew...Michaela was still breech.  Clint and I had already prepared ourselves for c-section, so we had discussed when we would want to have it scheduled. Between his work and my business, we both were pushing for Monday or Tuesday....little did we know that we had zero say in when the c-section would be. (The doctor said that since we were trying to schedule within a matter of days, instead of weeks, that it was just when the hospital could get us in.) All we knew was that at some point I would get a call telling me when to show up for my c-section.

Seeing as how it was Wednesday, I figured it would be scheduled for Friday or Saturday...which wasn't our  desired Monday or Tuesday, but it wasn't a huge problem. Then, as Clint and I were heading out to grab some lunch I got THE call. The first thing the lady said was..."well, we got you in pretty fast." In my head I'm thinking...ok, it will be Friday. Then she proceeds to tell me to be at the hospital Thursday for my c-section!

At this point Clint and I turn into crazy people calling and texting all the family so they could all make plans. Then I realize that since I was sooo sure that I would be meeting our daughter no earlier than Friday, that my work was NOT ready to run without me today...So we scrambled over there and got it all ready for class today (hopefully that runs smoothly!!). That was definitely a time I was extremely grateful to have a husband as amazing as mine to help keep me from totally loosing it! Heehee. 

Now we're just waiting to head out to the hospital! Since it's surgery, I can't have anything to eat or drink until afterwards...I am SUPER hungry/thirsty! Lets just say, my order for a delicious Starbucks is already in place for the second I'm out of the O.R.! Meanwhile we both feel like we're waiting to go on a vacation. Bag packed. Dog has food. Arrangements have been made for our stay. Yup. Just like a vacation...but with this one we bring home a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment