So we checked into the hospital right around 10am on Thursday. We were joined by our amazing supports of soon-to-be grandparents and great-grandma (who sadly couldn't come in the room with me more than one at a time, so FILLED the waiting room). It wasn't the optimal arrangement, but time flew by! One minute I was getting fluids via IV, the next I was in the O.R. hunched over getting my spinal injection. I was AMAZED how fast that kicked in! I wasn't even laying down before my left leg started going numb! From the initial injection at 12:05, the doctors got me back on the table, all prepped, put the curtain up, and had her out at 12:24!
Michaela came with the most fantastic baby cry ever! The second I heard it I completely lost control and started bawling (which was very odd since I was on my back with an oxygen mask!). Clint did all he could to not lose it like I had, but I could see it all in his eyes, he was seconds from losing it like I had! Clint then was able to go over and get pictures & video of our daughter being cleaned, weighed, measured and all that fun stuff. Our beautiful daughter entered the world at 7lbs8oz, and 20 inches long.
From the O.R., miss Michaela got to meet some of her new family that were awaiting her arrival. Least to say everyone was overjoyed to meet her after so many months of anticipation!
We were put in our post-partum room and stayed there the rest of Thursday, all Friday and some of Saturday. Since Michaela was so wonderfully healthy and I was recovering very well from surgery, they allowed us to choose whether or not we wanted to stay one more day or head home. That was by far one of the easiest decisions we had to make! Just moments before, Clint and I were talking about how great it would be to be home and in our own bed and no random interruptions throughout the day and night to get our vitals!
It all went very quickly from there. The next thing I knew, we were outside the hospital getting loaded into the truck to go home! (Clint posted videos on Facebook if you want to see them :) )
And the writer for The Wizard of Oz said it perfectly.....There is NO place like home! Especially now that our home is more complete than ever <3
Thats so sweet, you had me in tears when you said Clint was going to lose it when he saw her..glad all is going well!
ReplyDelete